Company & Mission
We are on an ambitious mission to solve the healthcare shortage in the US by empowering independent practices to thrive. Our AI-powered software and services supercharge independent practices, helping them to grow their patient base and deliver better patient experiences. We are growing fast. Our team consists of serial entrepreneurs, healthcare veterans and front-line providers, and product and engineering professionals who have worked at Google, Uber, Shippo, Shopee, SenseTime, Farfetch, and Daimler. We are quickly expanding and hiring top-tier entrepreneurial-minded individuals to build solutions for an industry that needs more support.
About This Role
Klarity Health is looking for a full-time Healthcare Billing Operations Manager to join our exciting Operations team. In this role, you will handle the daily tasks associated with patient billing, which ensures the financial health of the organization and allows healthcare providers to focus on patient care.
Location: in-person at our HQ in Redwood City, CA or remote (US)
- Patient Billing: Prepare and issue invoices to patients based on the services provided. This includes accurately applying relevant medical codes to procedures and treatments.
- Insurance Claims: Prepare and submit insurance claims and follow up on any denied or unpaid claims. This can involve liaising with insurance companies and healthcare providers to resolve issues.
- Payment Processing: Process payments from patients and insurance companies. This includes posting payments to patient accounts and reconciling any discrepancies.
- Patient Communication: Communicate with patients about their bills, answering any questions and resolving any disputes or issues.
- Record Keeping: Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all billing activities. This can involve using specialized medical billing software.
- Compliance: Ensure that all billing activities are compliant with relevant laws and regulations. This includes protecting patient privacy and correctly applying medical codes.
Required & Preferred Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in similar roles.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience in a healthcare setting, knowledge of medical terminology, and familiarity with medical coding (such as CPT, ICD-10, and HCPCS codes) are required.
- Strong attention to detail, good communication skills, and the ability to handle confidential information.
- Familiarity with billing software and other IT systems used in healthcare settings.
Compensation & Benefits
- Base salary range: $72,000 - $140,000
- Performance Bonus & Stock Option Plan
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for employee and family
- Life Insurance and Disability Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Employee professional development and wellness program