Company & Mission
We are on an ambitious mission to solve the healthcare shortage in the US by empowering independent practices to thrive. Our AI-powered software and services supercharge independent practices, helping them to grow their patient base and deliver better patient experiences. We are growing fast. Our team consists of serial entrepreneurs, healthcare veterans and front-line providers, and product and engineering professionals who have worked at Google, Uber, Shippo, Shopee, SenseTime, Farfetch, and Daimler. We are quickly expanding and hiring top-tier entrepreneurial-minded individuals to build solutions for an industry that needs more support.
About This Role
A Physician Liaison acts as a bridge between healthcare providers, such as doctors and medical practices, and the hospital or healthcare organization. This role is primarily focused on building and improving relationships, facilitating communication, and ultimately improving patient care. In this role you will help to improve patient care by fostering strong, effective relationships between healthcare providers and healthcare organizations and to fully inform about the organization's services and that any issues that could impact patient care are promptly addressed.a
Location: Remote (US)
- Relationship Building: Work to establish, build, and maintain strong relationships between physicians, healthcare providers, and the hospital or healthcare organization they represent. This often involves regular visits to doctors' offices or clinics.
- Marketing and Business Development: Promote the organization's services to doctors and medical practices to increase referrals. This could involve presenting new medical services, equipment, or procedures that the organization offers.
- Communication: Provide a line of communication between the healthcare organization and its physicians. This could include relaying information from the organization to physicians, or vice versa, about changes in policies, procedures, or services.
- Problem Solving: Address concerns or issues that may arise between physicians and the healthcare organization. This could include resolving conflicts, addressing concerns about patient care, or clarifying administrative procedures.
- Market Analysis and Strategy: Often analyze market trends, assess competitor strategies, and help to develop strategic plans for attracting and retaining physicians and patient referrals.
- Education: Educate healthcare providers about the benefits and features of their organization's services. This can include providing information on new technologies, treatments, or specialty services.
- Feedback Collection: Collect and analyze feedback from healthcare providers to improve services and care. This feedback can be used to identify areas for improvement within the organization.
Required & Preferred Qualifications
- 5+ years of previous experience in healthcare, sales, marketing, or public relations. Experience in a clinical role a plus.
- A bachelor's degree in healthcare administration, business, marketing, or a related field.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of healthcare systems and regulations, as well as understanding medical terminologies.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Certifications: American Association of Physician Liaisons certification program a plus.
Compensation & Benefits
- Base salary range: $60,000 - $112,000
- Performance Bonus & Stock Option Plan
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for employee and family
- Life Insurance and Disability Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Employee professional development and wellness program